Monday, March 7, 2011

I wish every day was like this...

Not a bad day for showing up not expecting to really graph. I tend to be a minimalist when I go to spring training games... I'll bring my binder yes but I'm not pushing and I'm not shoving and I actually go to enjoy the games. Only around 3000 showed up and only about 50 of them wanted autographs it seemed. Price signed down the whole fence from the foul pole to the dugout, I got him to sign my plaid hat since I finished my stuff I had for him last week.

As the starting lineup was doing their sprints and throwing and such, I decided to wander as close as I could. As I got to a nice little spot... I realized Longoria was walking right up to the little kid in front of me. He got his shirt signed in red sharpie. And Longo ran with it... So my 8x10 is in red. I'm not complaining though I like how it matches the seams on the hologram ball. He walked down an entire section and signed for people. Nobody was pushing and he seemed more than happy to accomodate. Standing there surprised at the ease I just got Longoria with, I look to my right and Manny is walking up to a kid ten feet away. I jump a row of seats hoping I can somehow get into the swarm for him... And that's when I realized there was no swarm. I was the second person to get Manny, right after the kid he originially walked up too. It was weird to me after my past experiences with these two guys and getting swarmed and people pushing and shoving. But it was a very welcome change. I guess the dealers didn't do well enough at the camps to afford tickets to any games.

No comments:

Post a Comment