Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rays Vs. Blue Jays 3-8-11

Today went well in the fact that I knocked out two of my more fun goals for the spring. The first of which was the first signature I got today, none other than Don Zimmer. Its a photo I took last spring, of his personal Zimmer Mobile that he rides around the Rays practice fields during early spring workouts and drills. He gave a chuckle when he saw the photo, asked where I got it and once I said I took the photo he asked whether it was this year or last year. Wish I could have talked to him more but there were very many people asking for his autograph and he wanted to accomodate everyone.

The second was a project that I stumbled upon in the offseason while I was amassing cards for the teams I graph each spring. While searching for Joe Maddon cards, I just so happened to find one dated from 1986. It's a Midland Angels minor league team set card, a team he managed in the mid 1980's. I love getting things like this signed, especially when whoever the signer is gets a kick out of it and shows anybody who's around what they looked like "back in the day."

I was able to come away with one more signature today, this one being from Sean Rodriguez. Sean is a ver nice guy with a very nice looking autograph. He signed a photo I took earlier this spring on the first day position players reported of him laughing at someones joke during some infield drills. He definitelt has one of the better looking autographs in baseball right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment