Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rays Vs. Jays 3-9-11


More of the same from Rays camp, plus a couple guys from the minor league camp. I believe today was the first day position players worked out.

Inside the park I got Don Zimmer during batting practice. I had nothing for the Jays, so I had some lunch and waited around for pregame warmups, hoping for a big name to sign like they have the past few games I have been too. While I was waiting for that to happen, I managed to recognize the familiar face of top prospect Matt Moore by the Rays minor league clubhouse in center field. I called him over and tossed my clipboard down to him and he signed a card for me.

Once pregame warmups started, I managed to get Matt Joyce and Manny Ramirez on 8x10 photos I took. I wish Manny didn't have the signature of a 3 year old, I may as well have scribbled on the photo myself. The Matt Joyce photo came out very nice though. Once the game started I decided I wasn't too keen on baking in the sun for the second day in a row, so I decided to wander on over to the minor league camp and catch the few guys remaining who were taking batting practice. On my way in I was able to grab a home run ball, its an official minor league baseball with a lot of use.

I lucked out inside, the players were just wrapping up as I arrived. I saw new addition Hak-Ju Lee, but didn't have anything for him to sign. I am pretty sure he will start out in Port Charlotte so I am not too worried about that. There were very few people I recognized as they were wearing warmups, but one of them was Josh Sale. He was very friendly and signed a card for me, and was very talkative and just an overall nice guy. I am very excited to see what he can do, he has a very powerful bat.

I'm almost getting bored graphing the Rays over and over. I'm pretty sure I'll mix it up next week. I can say I am very excited to start getting some minor league graphs though.

No comments:

Post a Comment