Monday, March 7, 2011

Rays 2/24 and Twins 2/25

I was kinda bummed out today after getting less autographs than hours of time spent earlier in the week so I seeked some solace in graphing my beloved Rays. They're 10 minutes from the house and I know the general signing habits of the players and of the camp itself so I knew I was able to sleep in a bit. Got there around 11 and met up with a few friends who had just gotten Farnsworth a minute before I walked in... But that was about it so far, just as I planned. I was focusing more on lesser named guys... Just mainly guys I don't have yet but want because the Rays are my team.

Managed to get these guys on cards:

Matt Joyce
Alex Torres
Jake McGee
Desmond Jennings
JJ Furmaniak
Robinson Chirinos
Jose Lobaton
Sean Rodriguez
Ben Zobrist
Nevin Ashley
Elliot Johnson

The big name of the day though was Johnny Damon, managed him on his photofile 8x10 of him holding his Rays jersey. Score.


As for Friday... I decided since it was my last camp day and the Twins out of the 4 teams I generally graph in the spring were the one I had done the worst with as of yet, I might as well try and make a day of it. Practice was pushed back due to physicals and or photos and or team meeting... Heard some variation of all of those from different security guards.

It again wasn't a great quality graphing day, got none of the big three being Thome Mauer and Morneau, but did manage enough to keep me from giving up on Twins camp forever. Granted those guys did sign, I just wasn't in the right place at the right time as I figured going for the easier guys and not risking wasting my time just to be skipped over would be the plan for the day.



I was excited to get Delmon, that's a first for me in at least 6 years of trying. Also got the Twins top prospect Kyle Gibson on a photo I took last season and a card, always good to get a top prospect. Also got Denard Span on an 8x10 photofile, as well as Alex Burnett on a card. Most of the stuff was inside, Jason Kubel and David Bromberg were in the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment